Monday, August 08, 2005

My injury... my pain... my life...(part2)


my other injuries tat my flatfoot causes... can't understand why flatfoot causes so much problem to my legs... other than the previously mentioned ankle injury...

sole pain - after standing for long period of time.. be it 10... 20mins or even longer... the pain will start to develope at the sole area of my foot... normally ppl's foot will have an arc... but mine it close to being flat... hence flatfoot... as i dun have the arc... the ligaments will be stretched and strained... causing pain in tat arc area... and not juz tat area... my heel also starts to hurt due to long standing hours...

during my december holiday work... standing for more than 6hours non stop brings about great damage... everyday after i went home... i had to rub my foot and ankle with cream to ease the pain... 2 weeks into working... the pain was being too unbearable... hence i decided to end my work 1 week be4 the agreed day... which quite displeased the boss... but who care... i gave another reason of i need to catch up on my work instead of saying tat the pain in my leg was preventing me to carry on working anymore...

knee pain - another problem i discover recently was that i have problem trapping water while swimming and i have difficulty kicking my leg in the pool... the pain was from my knees, which i have strangely forgotten which knee it was... actually i found this problem while i was at OBS during sec3... while swimming in the quarry pool... i felt pain in my knee... luckily i have the life jacket on... if not i could have been at the bottom of the quarry now... the instructor say tat its some knee cartiledge problem or something... i tried asking a polyclinic doc about it but he didn't give any reason for the pain... so i carried on with my life...

until recently... the pain resurface either i stand for too long a period of time or when i am walking a long distant, or walking at a pace... these also somehow strained my shin area... tat i got the sensation tat my shin area's muscle is being locked... feeling tightness, stressing the muscle...

haiz... all these problems... all these injuries... all these pains... how am i going to survive NS...? my frens tell mi to downgrade immediately when i first get into tekong... maybe i'll juz do tat... if not i'm going to have a veri tough time in NS and risk being out of course halfway... but now i'm still wanting for my grading as i'm PES B with pending of medical inspection and report by NS... we'll see how it goes...

my fitness now...? i haven't been training, or going to PE lessons for ard 1½ yrs... obviously my stamina have dropped significantly... u can't expect to do any running now as my flatfoot problems will arise minutes into running... however... i recently tried to get some pull-ups under my belt... from struggling to get 3 to making 5... tat's still a way short of my record of 11-12 pull-ups 2-3yrs ago...

Posted by Picasa

No comments: